Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Amazing Love

Jesus, You are so amazing. I am in awe at the fact that You believe that I am worth dying for. That You gave Your life for me before I was even created. That God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16). Every time I try to come up with words to describe the way I feel about you or the gratitude I have in my heart for You, I fall flat on my face. Yet this reminds me that neither myself nor anyone else will ever have words that are worthy. The only way that anyone can show their love and devotion to You is by their actions and obedience. Without obedience, our relationship will never become intimate. Without intimacy there can never be trust. Without trust there can never be hope. I have learned that we cannot trust anyone we dont' know, therefore I long to know You in an extravagant way. I crave intimacy with You with every fiber of my being. I thank You that You are my Victorious Warrior and that You fight for me every moment of the day. I thank You that You have already claimed victory for me over the devil and this world. I thank You that Your sacrifice will ALWAYS be greater than my sin. I thank You that You are ALWAYS working, that You never sleep nor slumber. As Jason Upton says "this is no sacrifice, here is my life."

No comments: