Monday, January 14, 2008

"With new levels come new devils," therefore you must walk by faith

I heard a wise Pastor say the other day, "with new levels come new devils" (Pastor Steven Furtick, Go Elevation!!!). He couldn't be more correct. Many Christians fall away from living their lives for Christ because they realize that it is much easier to live for this world than for Christ. They realize that once they've said yes to Christ and invited Him into their hearts that their lives get a whole lot more complicated and a whole lot more difficult. This is what turns a lot of people off from living a holy lifestyle. However, the thing they are forgetting is that satan does not need to bother those who are far from God. They do a tremendous job of making mistakes all on their own without any help from him. Since they are not seeking God and His kingdom, they are not a threat to him. It is the people that are living their lives every day on fire for Christ that he must try to spend the most time with. Those are the ones he has to work for to get them to work for him.

This is also why as Christians things seem to get a whole lot worse before they get better. It is in the times that I am close to a major breakthrough in my spiritual life, that I find myself up against the most resistance. Being poor and miserable are extremely easy ways to live. We don't have to look very hard for things that are sad or depressing, there is an abundance around us in the world. However, looking beyond all of that to see the equal amounts of happiness and beauty that surround us is a little more difficult. Seeing things as we would like them rather than what current circumstance dictate them to be is a very difficult thing. However, this very concept is addressed many times throughout the bible; It is called walking by faith.

Jesus tells us to walk by faith and not by sight. To not let the physical things we can see and touch define what our possibilities are in life. In order to experience true joy and success in this life we must learn to walk by faith. Circumstances are guaranteed to always change, however the peace that comes from walking by faith is an equal guarantee if we can just figure out how to do it in every situation. God promises to help us if we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). He promises to draw near to all who draw near to Him (James 4:8). He promises to hold us in his hand (Psalm 37:24), to lift us up on eagle's wings (Isaiah 40:31), to be our Strongtower (Proverbs 18:10), our Rock (Deuteronomy 32:4), our Redeemer (Isaiah 43:1), our Deliverer (Psalm 50:15). He promises to teach us in the way we should go, to counsel and watch over us (Psalm 33:8). The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble (Psalm 9:9).

Our God is an awesome God who always rescues those who love Him and cry out to Him. If you haven't already asked Jesus to come into your heart and be the Savior of your life, I encourage you to take the time right now. Ask Him to forgive you for your sins and to wash you with His blood. I promise it will change your life for all eternity. His love is worth more than all the riches in the world. He will take you from everlasting to everlasting and will change you from glory to glory. For He is the Lord Almighty and I put my trust in Him alone. On Christ the Solid Rock I will stand!!!

"Because He loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Psalm 90:14-16

No comments: