Tuesday, January 15, 2008

He is our Strength

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26


Praise the Lord that He fights our battles for us. For the battle is the Lords! In times of weakness it is especially important to remember that we are not alone and that we need to depend on the Lord's strength to get us through whatever circumstance we might be facing. Trying to do it on our own will leave us feeling frustrated, defeated and exhausted. It's kind of like trying to fight a battle with the wrong weapon, or with no weapon at all. The Lord promises to fight our battles for us and that if He is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31).

This brings me hope in times of trouble when I feel helpless to change my current situation. For I know that God has already declared victory for me and that as long as I trust in Him, nothing shall defeat me. I just have to remind myself to let Him do what He has promised to do, for even when I am faithless, He remains faithful (2 Timothy 2:13). I remind myself of 1 John 5:4, For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith (NLT).

No comments: