Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Lord is my Shepherd

So I have been doing a lot of praying lately for my grandmother who has fallen ill. And even through this difficult time the Lord has been by my side during every moment of grief I have felt. He is so unbelievably loyal and loving to His children. He has taken the time this past week to reveal Himself as my Shepherd and has called me one of His sheep. Although I have been reminded of this many times before, revelation regarding the matter has just kicked in. It always amazes me when God grants us revelation regarding a certain thing in our lives. He has a funny way of doing right when we need it most. It is so true that God has perfect timing. He's never early, never late, always right on time.

Here are a few scriptures the Lord has placed on my heart this week that have brought great comfort to me during this difficult time:

Psalm 121

I lift my eyes to the hills-- Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-- He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you-- the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-- He will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more.



He tends to His flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart;
(Isaiah 40:11)


So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)


Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His names sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely Goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
He delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
(Psalm 34:17-18)

1 comment:

Nick Cook said...

I LOVE YOU AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU, UR GRANDMOTHER, AND THE FAMILY!!

I AM PROUD OF YOU AND OF ALL THE WORK THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING FOR CHRIST!!

TALK TO U UMMM IN A FEW HOURS LOL