Wednesday, January 23, 2008

All I can say is "Wow, Glory to God!"

God has moved mountains this past week. I had gone home to Massachusetts to visit my grandmother in the hospital this past week and all of my family was there. And I mean ALL of my family. I had cousins there that I haven't seen in over 7 years! It was pretty amazing. What was even more amazing was how God was glorified throughout my entire visit. Even though death was trying to linger all around the hospital air, God was breathing Life everywhere! That's what He does, you know!

I had one of my siblings (who was not there) ask me to drive home (2.5 hours away) to see them before I flew back to North Carolina. I explained to them that my place for this trip was in New Bedford visiting my grandmother and my relatives. My sibling made the comment that I should not make this trip be all about death and that instead I should come home and meet my new nephew Joey so that my trip could be about life. Tis brought such a smile to my heart. I realized in that moment that this trip had nothing to do with death for me. God sent me there to be life for my family. He had given me peace before I had left NC that my grandmother would not die while I was visiting and I knew that I had a very special purpose for going on this trip.

The Lord blessed me immensely while I was in Massachusetts. I was able to spend some one on one time with members of my family who just needed a break from everything. I believe God sent me there to just be light and life to them and to remind them of His promises to all of us. He answered so many prayers while I was there and I thank Him that he touched my family in such a special way. A trip that could have been consumed by death and gloom turned out to be one of the most amazing trips I have ever been on. Glory to God!!!!!

Learn to Trust by Jason Upton

Somebody here is hurting
Somebody here is broken
Somebody here is waiting
Somebody here is hoping
For love to come and unlock every door
Takes you and me to open up once more
And learn to trust again

Somebody here is searching
Somebody's dreams were stolen
Somebody's arms are reaching
Somebody needs to hold them
I don't know where you came from
I don't know where you're going
I only know the healing
Starts when we stop running
Peace like a river
Joy like a fountain
Drinking the cup of my father
Flying over this mountain

No comments: