Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rest for the Weary

Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

This scripture just will not leave me alone! So, I guess I'll continue to share what the Lord has taught me about resting in Him.

Seek Him and you will find peace and rest for your soul. No matter how heavy your burdens feel, he will carry them so you can rest. Just lean on Him and trust Him to carry you through.

Lord, help those who are feeling overwhelmed. Draw them close to you and let them feel your love. Allow them to feel the peace and joy that you made for their lives. Grant rest for the weary and comfort for the hurt. For you are the God who comforts all and your love is unfailing. Reveal yourself to those in need.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

Pour out your heart to God, He is faithful and will listen. He will help carry your load, He will lift you up when you are weary, He will give you strength during times of weakness; He will speak to you through His Word, He will purify your heart, sift your motives, and clarify your purpose. Bring your broken heart to God and He will mend it, He will fill in the holes that have been left there by this world. Pour out your heart to Him rather than running to others, or to earthly things to satisfy your needs.

The Lord will guide you always;
He will satifsy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.
you will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11)

No comments: