Friday, November 30, 2007

He is Mighty to Save!

For I know the thoughts and plans I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome (Jeremiah 29:11 AMP).

No matter how out of control my life becomes, and no matter how badly I've screwed up and messed up God's plan for my life, My Savior is mighty to save me! For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for the a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5). Nights like these are hard when I am completely at war in the world and with my flesh. When I so badly want something in the world but I know that I cannot have it because it would compromise my relationship with Christ. I am so greatful that Jesus never leaves me. Even when I am facing my greatest temptation, He swoops down and gives me the strength I need to resist. Though I am weak, He is strong. My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken (Psalm 62:1-2).

I am also greatful that although we battle against trials and temptations, persevering through those times helps to develop our faith even more and bring us closer to God. If we confess our sins, God is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). So long as we recognize what we've done as sin and confess it, He is quick to wrap us up in His love and comfort our hearts with His forgiveness.

Facing certain trials (especially ones we have failed repeatedly in the past) also lets us know how much Christ has transformed us from who we used to be. I praise God that He cahnged my heart and opened my eyes to the truth. This kept me from making some really bad decisions tonight! Now i think I understand why he has kept me up at night for the past week or so with an insatiable hunger for His Word, and an overwhelming need for prayer. He reminded me of who I am and of the amazing plans He has for my life. I know that persuing certain things in the world will keep me from experiencing God's best for my life. He reminded me that I must continue to have uncompromising standards, that I cannot slip and make exceptions just because my heart and my flesh are arguing with my spirit. Especially when my heart is screaming for me to do something that my spirit knows is wrong. The hardest part is when something isn't necessarily wrong, it's just wrong for me and my life. These are the times that I meditate on Jeremiah 29:11 and remind myself that God has a plan for me, and I guarantee that if I can resist my human need for instant gratification then I will be absolutely amazed at wonderful His plan is compared to mine. To God be all the glory!!!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4).

No comments: