Saturday, November 17, 2007

Come and rest

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

Sometimes life is so full of mess that it seems impossible to pick out the message that God is trying to get me to understand. It is in these times that I have to work super hard at removing myself from life's distractions. I have to run as fast as I can to the safety of my prayer closet and just shut the door.. heck, times like these I have to lock it! But in the midst of all the chaos, as soon as I cry out for God he always finds me. Even if I'm out wandering in the wilderness, He somehow always knows right where I am and what I need from Him in order to survive the moment. That's what is so amazing about God... he truely is omniscient and omnipresent. He has never left me where I was and He refuses to leave me where I am. Even when my life spins out of control or the weight of the world seems too intense for my fragile body to bear, Jesus invites me to lighten my load. "Come to me..." How can three seemingly small and powerless words shake me to my core? How can such a simple phrase undo the hurt and pain that is suffoctating me in my moment? That is the power of Jesus Christ!!! He is strong when I am weak. He is more than enough for me! I serve an awesome God and I pray that I am constantly filled with a fire for Him that can not be satisfied. I pray that I always crave more of Him than I have at any given moment. Just to be with You I would give anything!

No comments: