Monday, February 18, 2008

Praise God for amazing friends!

I can't get over how gracious God truly is. The fact that He is not only concerned about the major events in our lives, but He also pays close attention to the daily details as well. Take our friends for example. He makes sure that all of us have a support system around us to help carry us through the hard times. He also gives some friends that are there to make us laugh or smile. I will say that I have been so incredibly blessed with the friends in my life. They have taught me how to have fun, how to relax, and how to just be crazy for Jesus (I'm not so sure about Nick on this one!) They build me up, encourage and inspire me to be the person God has created me to be.

God also lets us know when there are people in our lives that we have to let go of, at least for a time. Friends that are not encouraging us or building us up. I have found this to be an extremely difficult process that has broken my heart many times over. However, as difficult as it is, it is also sometimes very necessary. There are some friends we have that as much as we love them, there is just too much hurt in the relationship for it to survive in its current state. I am at a place in my life where I am finding that I have to let go of some of my friendships because they are not based on God or the good things that He wants in my life. It is these kinds of relationships that we have to just let go and let God. If He wants that person in our lives, He will restore the relationship.

I thank God that we are not alone in this process. He is ALWAYS with us, guiding us step by step. He is there to hold us by our right hand and to see that even if we stumble, WE WILL NOT FALL. For God always leads the righteous. Not only is He with us through this process but He also places people in our lives to help us through it. I thank God everyday for my entourage. Those friends who see the best in me and encourage me to let my light shine on others. Those friends who love me unconditionally, even through all my mistakes and weaknesses. Those friends who appreciate me for who I am not necessarily what I do. To all my friends, (you know who you are), thank you and I love you!

I pray that we surround ourselves with Godly friendships and that we are praying for our friends daily. If there is an unhealthy relationship in your life, give it to God. He can do all things, including restoring it to the way it was, or He may just replace it with something even better. He promises to be with us through our pain and to both deliver and redeem us. That reminds me of a verse from one of my favorite songs: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and I will stand on what He did, my Savior lives!"

God has a mighty plan for each and every one of us. Although we sometimes experience having to let go of the ones we love, He has a mighty plan to fill our lives with amazing glory and grace and to restore us to a life that is overflowing with goodness. "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) Praise be to God!

No comments: