Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm back!

Sorry for my recent absence from my blog. In the past week I have managed to do the thing that I have been trying so desperately not to do. I have made the things in this world take priority over the things in His kingdom. Like many others, I find that this time of year can be extremly hectic. Between the fast approaching holidays, the ever-pressing deadlines at work, the new year right around the corner. It is in these times that I know in my heart I should be seeking God in an unrelenting way, but in reality I find that I have given in to the noisy demands of the world instead. I know that the enemy uses distractions in the world to keep my focus on his lies rather than God's unfailing love. Self-condemnation is his weapon of choice. Well satan, I choose to stand firm against you and to seek my God for help in times of trouble. For my God is more than enough and with Him all things are possible. God is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19), and he has promised that goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life (Psalm 23:6). We know absolutely that anyone born of God does not deliberately and knowingly practice committing sin, but the One Who was begotten of God carefully watches over and protects him; Christ's divine presence within him preserves him against the evil, and the wicked one does not lay hold (get a grip) on him or touch him (1 John 5:18 - Amplified).


Lord, in this moment I pray that you consume me with your fire, let it cleanse me from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. Help me to lay everything down before you, to not ever feel satisfied in my current state. Give me clean hands and a pure heart. I ask forgiveness for all of the times I have given in to selfishness, my misconceptions, my laziness, my pride. Wash me clean with Your love. Whisper my name and hold me in Your hand. Break down the walls in my heart that keep me from experiencing Your love. Help me to tune out the world until all I hear is Your voice calling me to You. Thank You , Lord for loving me!

No comments: