Sunday, June 15, 2008

Have faith in Him

The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it (1 Thessalonians 5:24).

People never negate who God is or what He is doing. So many times as humans many of us are turned off from Christianity because of other human beings. We put so much faith in people that we are continuously let down. I am guilty of having put too much faith in people before. It's not that people purposely try to be unfaithful to each other or try to let each other down, it is just an inherent flaw we have all possessed since the fall of man.

I do not use this as an excuse to shut myself off from trusting others or from placing my confidence in them, instead I just closely monitor myself to make sure that I am not putting an unrealistic amount of faith in them. I have learned to trust in God and to place ALL of my confidence in Him. This way I know that I will never be let down completely. I may mess up my circumstance or make bad decisions, but I know that if I am trusting God and have placed my faith in Him and in what He has promised me, then I know that I will never be let down. I may create disappointment in my own life, but God will NEVER let me down. He is always faithful to come through with whatever it is He has promised me. Praise the Lord!

No comments: