Sunday, June 1, 2008

Trust ME

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).

It has been a while since I last blogged. I am still living without internet at home which makes it much more difficult to spend time on the computer writing blogs. However the Lord has been doing so much in me lately that I just had the urge to write a quick update. I have spent most of this weekend being incredibly humbled. I was able to go see Jason Upton perform on Friday at Winston Salem First Church. My friend Nick and I had been planning to see him for months. There are no words to describe what I experienced while I was there. God's Presence was overwhelmingly strong the entire evening. The Lord really used Jason to speak truth into my life and I am so blessed because of it. Throughout the performance God was tenderly dealing with little things that need to change in me. Things that I had been brushing off as being minor and had justified away. This however is never a good thing to do and eventually the Lord will bring even the small things to the surface. I also felt the Lord dealing with my issue of trust, more specifically, trusting Him.

This mornig when I got up, the Holy Spirit really spoke to my spirit about striving to do things and warned me not to focus on works or my own desires but instead to just trust Him. Here is what I felt the Lord spoke over me today:

"Stop striving for the things you think you desire and start trusting Me to give me things you truely do. Fix your eyes on me and let My desires become your desires. I have placed desires deep within you which are full of abundant blessings. I have promised to direct your paths. I have reminded you that no good thing do I withold from those who trust Me. Trusting me does not mean merely saying that you do; show Me through your actions and obedience. Faith without deeds is dead. Trust Me with all your heart. Your own understanding could never comprehend nor imagine the blessings I have for you, neither will it lead you down the path that leads to my greatest blessings for you. Trust me today with all of your strength, all of your mind, and all of your heart. Cease striving and know that I am God. Trust Me."

I know I need to work on trusting God because of what he says and not because of what i think I must do. He is faithful and will complete the good work He has started in me (1 Thessalonians 5:24,Philippians 1:6).

1 comment:

Kat Toms said...

yay! finally a new post from AJ! thanks again for taking the time to update us what God has been speaking to you about....

i'm so glad that God used that concert to draw you near to himself... HE IS NEAR and WORKING in our lives... PRAISE HIM!

feel free to call me again some time. would love to catch up.

Isa 43