Sunday, April 20, 2008

Open up our eyes O Lord

I have been spending a lot of time waiting on the Lord lately and reading the Old testament. Since I am now living without internet in my home it is much harder for me to blog, yet it has made it that much easier to not be distracted by the world and to spend more time seeking God. The Lord has opened my eyes to so many new things that I can hardly write about them without getting overwhelmed. My mind has been on overdrive these past few weeks and I am just enjoying basking in His glory and spending time with Him. As much as I have to share in my heart it has been difficult to blog lately. However, I feel compelled to right this blog about all of the help God has given us in this world.

The Lord has been speaking Psalm 34:7 over me lately: The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and He delivers them. I couldn't quite figure out why He was pointing this scripture out to me. Then He led me to 2 Kings 6, where Elisha the Prophet is talking to his servant and telling him that he has nothing to fear because "those who are with us are more than those who are with them" (v. 16). He was saying this because he knew that the Lord had sent many men with their chariots of fire to fight against the men who had surrounded them in the city. Although Elisha's servant was unable to see these men, they were still there all the same. Elisha then asked the Lord to reveal this to his servant. I believe the Lord was reminding me of all the help he has sent me.

I realize that God has sent many people into my life to help me and to encourage me, but now I also realize that God has also set angels in the spiritual realm to look after me and protect me as well. He has gently reminded me that not only is He with me and by my side, but so are others that i can not necessarily see with my eyes in this world. Lord, I thank you for watching over me both throught he physical and spiritual realms. You supply ALL of my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)

We serve such an amazing God! I am so thankful that no matter what this world says to me or how I feel, I am NEVER alone, for my God never leaves me nor forsakes me (Hebrews 13:5). Thank you Lord!

No comments: